This recipe is just three ingredients, so it’s about as simple as it gets. But who wouldn’t adore this love sausage?! Doesn’t it look inviting?!
A super-simple show stopping sausage!
- 320 g puff pastry (pre-rolled sheet)
- 450 g pork mince
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 180c fan.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet, and cut it down the middle lengthways, still on the paper.
- Split the sausage meat in half, and form into a two long sausage shapes, the same length as the pastry sheets.
- Place the meat sausages down the centre of each pastry sheet, and lift the pastry up around the sides to enclose the meat. Using the paper to help you will make this significantly easier.
- Pinch the sides together to seal them, and then place the seam side down.
- On a lined baking sheet, arrange the two long sausages to form two sides of a heart shape.
- Cut deeply into the sausages at regular intervals of about 2-3cm, almost completely through the pastry, leaving a little on the inside edge to hold everything together.
- Turn the discs of pastry sideways to have the sausage rolls facing upwards.
- Once you have formed all the individual rolls, coax back into a heart shape as best as possible.
- Brush all the exposed pastry with a lightly beaten egg yolk – this will give you a lovely golden colour.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a dip accompaniment, like a cranberry sauce, or a beetroot ketchup.
Serving: 2rolls | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg