Whenever I have the deep-fat fryer out, I always consider it an excellent excuse to make churros; delicious crispy fried choux pastry, sparkling with cinnamon sugar, and smothered in a thick chocolate sauce. Need I say more?!
You could, of course, fry these in a large saucepan instead.
Churros are an hit with absolutely everyone – I’ve yet to come across a single person who didn’t love them. And if people knew how easy they were to rustle up home, literally everyone would be making them!
Churros and Chocolate Sauce
- 240 ml water
- 115 g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar (caster)
- pinch of salt
- 120 g strong white bread flour
- 3 large eggs
- vegetable oil ( for frying)
- 100 g sugar (caster)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 150 g double cream
- 50 g golden syrup
- In a saucepan, boil the water, butter, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the flour until it is cooked through – about a minute.
- Using a stand mixer or a wooden spoon, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Place into a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Place chocolate, cream and golden syrup into a heatproof bowl. Melt together in a microwave, stirring frequently.
- Heat the oil to 180°C, and snip off 10cm lengths from the piping bag. Fry for about 4 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Drain churros on paper towels. Roll in cinnamon sugar and serve with the warm chocolate sauce.
Calories: 456kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 6gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 142mgPotassium: 127mgFiber: 2gSugar: 33gVitamin A: 736IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe? I’d love to see your work!Share on Instagram @danbeasleyharling or tag #danbeasleyharling
Share on Twitter @dbeasleyharling or tag #danbeasleyharling.