These perennial Easter favourites are so easy to make, even the youngest children can help make them. And best of all, they’re ready in 15 minutes, so even those with very short attention spans can enjoy making them!
A favourite Easter treat, and a perfect place to start baking!
- 50 g butter
- 50 g marshmallows
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 75 g Rice Crispies
- 50 g small chocolate eggs
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, marshmallows, and milk chocolate together over a low heat.
- Be careful not to increase the heat too high, or the chocolate may burn. It will take a while for all the marshmallow to melt.
- Weigh out 75g of Rice Crispies, or any other suitable breakfast cereal, into a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the cereal, and mix well to coat evenly.
- When cool enough to touch, split the mixture into 8 even sized portions, and use your hands to shape them into little nests.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet, and chill in the fridge for a few minutes just to firm them up.
- Fill each nest with 3 or 4 chocolate eggs, and enjoy!
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 4mg